Written By Roi Plata on Friday, June 10, 2016 | 4:10:00 PM
Internet is the most famous and easiest means of communication to other network or terminal and getting informed about something, It used today for education, social networking, news and public information and many more but do we know who are the pioneers on the internet? Who sent the first email? what is the first social network? what is the first picture uploaded? what is the first browser and many more.
In this article, we will find out the first and the pioneers of the Internet.
- The First Social Network - No, you are wrong, it is not Friendster, the first social networking site was launched way back in the year 1997. It is the "SixDegrees", it is the first social media that allow a user to create a profile and to become friends to other users. The website is lo longer functional today. It was purchased for $125 million dollars in 2000 and was shotdown in 2001.
- First Email Sent - The first email was sent by Ray Tomilson, also one of the developers of the file transfer program called CPYNET. The first mail he sent was a test so it was not preserved. He sent something like "QWERTYUIOP". Tomilson later said that these "test messages were entirely forgettable and I have, therefore, forgotten them." Mr. Tomilson died at his home on March 5, 2016
- The First Picture - The first picture uploaded on the internet is from Tim Berners-Lee, one of the inventors of the internet. The Photo is about the musical group called the "Les Horribles Cernettes", it is a comedy band based at the CERN Laboratory which composed of admin assinstants and CERN scientist.
- The First Youtube Video - The first video uploaded on YouTube is the "Me at the Zoo" by one of its co-founder Jawed Karim with the username jawed. It was uploaded at 8:27 p.m on Saturday, April 23, 2005. The 19 second video was recorded by his high school friend, Yakov Lapitsky at the San Diego Zoo featuring Karim in front of the Elephants.
Bonus: The first comment in this video is "interesting" by the user COBALTGRUV More fact about Youtube? Check this out - "The Most of Youtube"
- The First Tweet Ever - The First tweet was posted by one of the Co-Founder of Twitter, Jack Dorsey which is "Just setting up my twittr" but it is an automated tweet for new member before, so the first tweet ever written by a human is his second tweet "inviting coworkers" on March 21, 2006. More Twitter Facts? Click here
- The First Website - The first website is about the world wide web developed by CERN in a simple and basic HTML format, it is about how to use it, how it developed and how you can help. Here is the url - The Project
|Screenshot of the webpage|
- First Sentence Uttered on Skype - And also the most used sentence uttered on skype right at the most present time is by one of its development team. It was in estonian saying "Tere, kas sa kuuled mind" or in english "hello, can you hear me?"
- First Instant Message - The first instant message was sent thru AOL by Ted Leonis to his wife on January 6, 1993. It read, "Don't be scared... it is me. Love you and miss you" His wife replied "Wow, this is so cool".
- First User of Facebook - Marck Zuckerberg was the first human joined facebook and the fourth member. The first three account was used for testing. The first non-founded that joined facebook was an Israeli name Arie Hasit. Read more weird fact about Facebook here.
- First Item Sold Online - The first item sold online is a broken laser pointer on ebay for $14.83 in 1995 and the first book sold on Amazon was Douglas Hofstdter's Fluid concepts and creative in 1995.
- First Web Browser - The first web browser is the WorldWideWeb. It was developed in 1990 by Tim Berners-Lee for the NeXT computers.
And that's it! Do I miss something? Do you have something to add? Why don't you share it on the comment box below!