Written By Roi Plata on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 | 11:00:00 PM
The OpenSignal app allows users to contribute to our impartial coverage maps of mobile networks, we took data from those of our 6 million users who have LTE and focussed on their experience of two key metrics: download speed, and the proportion of time spent with LTE access. All data included in this report comes from the second half of 2013. - OpenSignalAccording to the report, Australia has the fastest average LTE speeds in the world while the USA and the Philippines is the slowest.
Globe has the poorest coverage and slowest connection with 38% at a time among the 38 telecommunications network worldwide and was even described as "Worst Performing Network" according to the study. While Smart is at 6th with poorest coverage at 48%
Countries that rank top among others are the following:
- Fastest Country with LTE - Australia (24.5 Mbps)
- Fastest Network with LTE - Claro Brazil (27.8 Mbps)
- Most Improved Country for LTE Speed - Japan (66% LTE Improvement)
- Network with Best Coverage - Tele2 Sweden (93% Coverage)
- Country with Best Coverage - South Korea (91% Average Coverage)
LTE or Long Term Evolution is a standard for wireless communication of high-speed data for mobile phones and data terminals.